The Community Transport Organisation is a not-for-profit organisation and the leading peak body for the Community Transport sector in NSW. It plays a key leadership role in the sector throughout NSW and provides support to members through its major roles in advocacy, information, education and best practice support.
An important role of the Executive Officer is to build strong relationships with members and between the CTO and our key partners and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Board of the CTO, the Executive Officer will lead the business through its next phase. The key focus of the role is to:-
- build strong relationships throughout the state with members and other stake holders
- support the Board in identifying key issues facing the industry
- manage a range of projects and the business affairs of the CTO
- effectively manage the small CTO Team
- Achieve the strategic goals of the CTO
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a strong business management background, enjoy working collaboratively with member organisations, government agencies and the private sector across a wide variety of issues, and be a strong advocate for the sector.
The role will involve building your own small but highly effective team.
Knowledge of the community transport and/or community and aged care sectors, project and event management experience and financial literacy is preferred, as is a tertiary qualification in business or a related discipline. A competitive remuneration package is available.
Key selection criteria:
- Commitment to the vision of the Community Transport Organisation
- The candidate will ideally have been an EO or senior executive, with demonstrated experience working with a board Advocacy and lobbying skills at all levels of government and industry
- Experience managing a budget (profit or cost centre) and current or past budget accountability; demonstrated ability to read, understand, interrogate and represent a Profit and Loss statement, cash flow and balance sheet
- Commercial negotiation and relationship management experience
- Operations management experience, with proven ability to lead and put in operation business plans
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills
- Change management experience and skills, including stakeholder management
- Business transformation experience
- Event management experience
- Clear and effective communication skills at all levels of society
The office is based in Surry Hills however there will be extensive intra-state travelling required.
Applications should address key selection criteria. For a full information pack including Position Description and Key Performance Indicators contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 02 6651 1137.