Regional, Rural and Remote NSW Future Community Transport Strategy
View the DRAFT Regional Rural and Remote NSW Future Community Transport Strategy here
Set within the context of community transport provision in Rural Remote and Regional NSW, our goal is to develop an ambitious strategy that brings our sector together to achieve positive outcomes for our communities. We want to build a strategy that is grounded on the connection between accessible, care based transport and excellent social outcomes – while also providing a solution orientated vision for innovation, growth and strengthened community cohesion.
The project will assess transport options for seniors and people experiencing disconnection in remote, rural and regional NSW and locate the Community Transport sector within that landscape.
The strategy is intending to support the community transport sector by:
- Locating the Community Transport sector within the landscape of seniors and people experiencing disconnection in remote, rural and regional NSW;
- Identifying gaps and opportunities for Community Transport within regional, rural and remote NSW;
- Providing a way forward for how the sector can work together to improve outcomes for our communities in these regions; and
- Bringing together our various stakeholders under a uniting vision and mission for the sector.
We need you to engage with this project, to feed into this work so that we can get the best out of this work. This project is designed to be a sector driven, stakeholder-led piece of work.
To this end we will be seeking your feedback via survey or whatever way we can to build a ‘ground up’ strategy.
Matters to be considered include, but are not limited to:
- The role of community transport in enabling the achievement of positive outcomes for people and communities in remote, rural and regional NSW.
- Accessibility and availability of current transport services in remote rural and regional NSW.
- Transport needs of seniors and people experiencing disadvantage in remote rural and regional NSW as it pertains to access to health, social and civic connection.
- The changing nature of access to health, shelter, and community services within remote, rural, and regional NSW.
- Potential gaps in service delivery against the needs of our end beneficiaries.
- Drivers and enablers of effective and sustainable service provision in remote rural and regional NSW.
- Strategies to support community transport organisations to meet those gaps, including alignment between different modes of transport
Thank you to our stakeholders and partners supporting this work. This project is supported by NESST. This project is funded through Sector Support and Development funds administered through TfNSW
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works with partners to alleviate disadvantages – in an Australia where all people and communities thrive.
Their work seeks to influence systems to deliver better social outcomes for people by learning about what works in communities, helping organisations be more effective, sharing perspectives, and advocating for change.
SVA has a depth of experience developing sector-wide strategies, and have strong knowledge of the unique challenges of delivering services in rural regional and remote NSW
SVA is working closely with the CTO team on the development of the strategy.